Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog Entry 1

I chose to take this class about fairy tales because I thought that learning about and interpreting fairy tales would be very interesting and give me a better understanding of them. I also chose this class because it fulfilled a number of the requirements that I need for the McDaniel Plan and I need them to graduate as well.  I am hoping to have a better appreciation of folk and fairy tales and see how different themes and motifs can be used in all the different tales that we read.  I would like to see how the tales could be similar and different from one culture to another and get to learn more about the different cultures through their fairy tales.  I would also like to see what different messages or themes I get out of familiar fairy tales that I read again now, from when I was told them as a young child.  My favorite fairy tale of all time would have to be “Little Red Riding Hood” because it was one of the first tales I have ever been told and because there are so many variations of the same story.  It always makes the story more interesting when you hear a different version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment